Saturday, April 28, 2018

thinking pink


well, spring has sprung, and i'm feeling all happy and festive, and am seriously thinking of going pink.  or black.  or black with a pink cruella de vil stripe.


why not match my favorite pink and black dresses like a festive weird skunk lady?


i love my anna sui pink lace flowered pants, and i wear mine with knee high black leather boots peeking through.


 i really only use this himalayan pink salt because it looks so pretty on the table, though i hear its actually good for you...


pink stoneware bowls from target for my favorite homemade granola

my granola recipe:

1 1/2 cups bobs red mill organic oats
1/2 cup bobs red mill organic flaxseeds
1/2 cup wheat germ
1/2 cup roughly chopped pecans
1/2 cup roughly chopped walnuts
1 tbsp honey
1/4 tsp sea salt
3 tbsp coconut oil
1/3 cup maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup chopped dried black mission figs

preheat oven to 400*
combine dry ingredients in a large bowl
melt all wet ingredients together in a saucepan then combine
spread on a parchment lined cookie sheet
bake for roughly 30-40 minutes


obviously you can play around with the proportions and substitute different nuts and fruit.  i just happen to love figs, and a bowl of this granola tastes like a big fig newton cookie drenched in milk...yep.


room essentials


kiri candles in both pale pink, hot pink, and dark purple bought in bulk are always in my pantry.  also in love with richard ginori oriente italiano.  the lace tablecloth and gold flatware were my mothers.


the weather has been perfect for my vintage pink mohair coat.


anxiously awaiting this dazzling assortment.  they are being shipped to me here in brooklyn, and upon delivery, i'll immediately soak all eight bare root beauties in very sturdy buckets and then promptly take my next sojourn to the countryside.  i have my work cut out for me.


 bright pink gerbera daisies + messy table = cozy and warm dinner


in love with these peachy pink wine glasses as well as my decoupaged drinks tray.


swooned when i saw this pink lace tablecloth on dress designer pearl lowes instagram.  immediately saved this image, and need to get out the pink dye asap.


oh, and i have fixed the comment glitches, so comment freely!  now, i just have to fix the answer glitches as well!  xoxo


7 comments:

  1. Gertrude does so well and is so sturdy plus it is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. good to know...ive been growing david austin roses since alice was a baby, three houses in, i still never got my gertrude, so i am very excited...i think gertrude stein and constance spry are the iconic ones...

      hope you are enjoying the spring! xx

      Delete
  2. Hello Cynthia,

    I'm new to your place. If you're unsure, I'll say now, go pink! Pink hair works. I love your coloured glasses, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hello Pip...welcome to my place, and thanks for stopping by. don't know if i will have the courage to go pink, but one never knows!

      Delete
  3. I love pink in spring. You make it look so modern. I hope you are enjoying the weather. It's so lovely to finally see the sun! XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can never get enough pink! Happy spring to you! xx

      Delete