Thursday, September 21, 2017

Little Pleasures


So today was a strange hazy almost last day of summer.  I always think of the 21st of September as the first day of fall, but no matter.  It was warm and muggy here in Brooklyn.  Net-A-Porter sent me the loveliest gift of three Diptyque votives.  Miss Alice was home with me, sick with a really bad cold, yet painting up a storm...and should I feel a little bit guilty for being happy to spend a lazy day with her?  Emergen-C packets were stirred up, and dispensed, toast was toasted, and covered in honey, and snuggles were the order of the day.  We hardly ever have so much time together these days, and I couldn't help but reminisce.  Sometimes I am a little bit wistful for the early years of motherhood.  We were always together.  Tonight I roasted a chicken, fussed over my princess, caught up on tons of email, texts, and wrote lots of snail mail...


I am a cocooner.  I love my boudoir, and my quiet time, and I am a champion sleeper!  My linen closet is stocked with vintage lace trimmed Frette, so beloved and worn, holes have appeared.  Mohair blankets, homemade quilts, flea market finds, hudson bay blankets, and plenty of duvet covers all have a place in my heart, and closet.  Of course I love my Porthault prints like the next gal, but I recently realized that all of my older percale sheets are so much heavier and more opaque than the beautiful violettes pink and coeurs I bought last summer.  They almost look more like the voile I have from years past.  Wondering if D. Porthault has introduced a new lighter weight, perhaps?  Curious....


I am a fresh air gal.  In summer I sweat through the night with no air conditioner, windows open, and in winter, I sleep under tons and tons of heavy blankets, and I keep the window open as well...


Style is not a price.  I adore these satin ballerina flats from Target, and wear them as bedroom slippers.


Organizing my drawers with my favorite tights.  Opaque black is my go-to.  Found a bunch on sale last week at Atlantic Terminal Target and stocked up.  Having my eyes re-checked tomorrow morning, and I must choose between two separate pairs of glasses, or one pair of invisible bifocals.  I also am considering having the dark lenses of my new Gucci Cat Eye shades replaced with prescription.  Decisions, decisions!

4 comments:

  1. Your photos are always so beautiful. I love how you find stylish pieces everywhere - even at Target on sale! (We really miss Target now that it's no longer in Canada.) Hope Alice is on the mend. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know what I would do without Target lol....I think they have a lot of great designs. Alice was hit pretty hard with a bad cold, but the recouperation time for her age just amazes me! xoxo

      Delete
  2. So glad you've been posting again!

    ReplyDelete