Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Gorgeous Rainy Shopping Day


Today was a great one. After a bit of a rough start...slept in...rain...hence no cabs...late subway etc, I somehow made it to my 10:30 appointment on West 57th.  My little Mini Me had a cancelled class, and called me only moments before I left the loft, and decided to tag along with mamma duck, and we had so much fun.  I am almost embarrassed to say that I always miss my little sidekick when shopping alone!  Yes, she is still my best friend, not to mention therapist, navigator, electronics consultant, fashion consultant, etc!



In a week or so I will be traveling to three different countries, so a little wardrobe refresh was in order.  I generally do not love shopping, but today things worked out swimmingly.



















The Russian Tea Room is full of happy memories for me.  Making more just might be a priority lol!  Funny to think of a very young me tearing up the town at the same age as Miss. A!




Nothing like a little window shopping at Tiffany's.  Even the torrential downpour of today couldn't tear me away from this dazzling window display. 




Fifth Avenue at its least touristy best.










And once in the mothership, we promptly got down to business of lallygagging.  I put my head down in order to dodge the first floor cosmetics hawkers.  I know its only business, but it drives me crazy!!!!













After scooting through the first floor successfully, we jumped into the express elevator to the 8th floor shoe department.



Shoes were not on the shopping list today, so we took the escalator down to the 5th floor.......


Wet hair and all, today was a very liberating day for me, as I have NEVER gone out of the house completely sans make-up before!  Its just the weather has been so drying, and the moisture and mildness of today were so wonderful and healing, I just wanted my freshly cleansed and moisturized complexion to have a break.  I simply hid behind my new Prada sunglasses, and twisted my unwashed hair into a tiny little walnut size bun!  I actually loved how big and wavy my naturally stick straight hair looked when I undid it in the dressing room!




My brand new sunglasses!  I will not A, lose, B, scratch, or C, ever fall out of love with these cat eyed beauties.  I threw on my ten year old black bucket bag simply because I am convinced it is indestructible!!  I am also a great believer that happy memories always look and feel good.  This bag was a birthday gift ten years ago, and the thought behind it still sings to me.























Loved my crazy, frizzy, volumized hair, and the sweet text I was reading.......




Miss A took a picture of her boots and sent it to me maybe to remind me that she needs a few new items herself...
















Ahhhh......Diptyque!  We still actually have half burned holiday candles though.    










One more stop at Starbucks to give us the energy to subway home.....one of these days I must take the time to drink a proper cup of coffee, china cup and all!!!!







Cozy day......


7 comments:

  1. What a perfect day. I love a rainy day. Quiet streets and forced coziness. You and Alice look beautiful, as always. Enjoy your travels. How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad I missed the rain, but missing new york already. Saw the Jacqueline de Ribes and Vigee Le Brun exhibitions at the met, and did a walking tour on lower east side. The weather was lovely while I was there, blue skies. You and Alice are so lucky to live there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really got a great weekend to visit! Love the lower east side....Its my favorite place to be!

      Delete
  3. My Dear Cynthia,
    GSL is habitually late but hate missing out on your new excursions. Please darling, might there be an email subscription to allow for arrival when staff isn't putting everything away...surely GSL is on 'THE LIST'!

    PS Prada sunnies look FAB as done the taut & toned figure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. O.K. G, I think I have it all worked out. You can now follow my new blog! xx

      Delete
  4. I am thankful to this blog for assisting me. I added some specified clues which are really important for me to use them in my writing skill. Really helpful stuff made by this blog.นาฬิกา สาย หนัง

    ReplyDelete