Monday, February 29, 2016

Random Thoughts and Chicken Soup


Today has been one of those weird ones.  I woke up at eight on the button as usual.  Yesterday I slept almost the whole day away with a cold, and some drama.  No, I do not watch the Oscars!  Really.  Never.  Ever.  While I am a huge film buff, and consider watching a great movie to be one of life's greatest pleasures, that industry and all involved leave me cold.  Even the fashion doesn't draw me in, as the awkward deportment really detracts from the gowns.  Somehow I always get the feeling that all the celebrities really can't wait to put their yoga pants back on, and that is a real buzz kill for me, so I just truly keep away.  I truly live in the past...todays styles don't speak to me on any level.     


So I am in a funk today.   Making chicken soup is supposed to be good for the soul, right?   I just popped one whole organic chicken in a pot with the usual dill, onion, carrot, peppercorns, and celery.  Miss A really loves it.


My front hall is a disgusting mess, and needs to be organized.  Some time ago, I decided to line up all of the shoes that don't fit into my closet, right out in the open, by the front door.




The new hat.......I bought this hat last week, in anticipation of my upcoming trip to Iceland.  Now, I think its just going to stay put, as plans for Iceland have been, well, put on ice.  lol


I think these belong to the guitarist in my part time/hobby/therapy band/joke...think spinal tap... then throw in a little bit of 80s style spikes and that is my relaxation these days lol...


It was a beautiful winter.  Mild enough, with some beautiful snowy moments.





So, back to movies.  Gena Rowlands is my all time favorite actress.  John Cassavetes films are perhaps some of my favorites.


Spring is in the air, and my very well stocked bar cart is all ready for it.



There is no better plan than pouring a strong drink, and staring at the chandelier, working out ones feelings.  Hope everyone had a wonderful February, and heres to a great March!!!


5 comments:

  1. That chicken soup sounds delish and far superior to the Campbell's I had for lunch.
    I haven't watched the Oscars in at least 10 years. Two little gems you might like that I loved 'Hope and Glory' and 'Secret of Roan Inish' that might be just the thing to buoy your spirits on a gloomy Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's still chicken soup weather which I made too. I would have dated way more when I was single but hated the break up stage. Movies massages and chats are key. I have always wanted to visit Iceland so look forward to your IG pics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Ill be taking it easy before Miss A and I hit London next week. Iceland is not going to happen at this point, as it was to be a couples trip. Maybe Ill try again nest year......

      Delete
  3. I feel the same way about the Oscars. Nothing worse than a Kardashian in a waist trainer squeezed into couture. They take the real magic out of films: like seeing the Wizard in Oz.

    I hope you are on the mend: movies and chicken soup seem the perfect remedy. Have you read Daphne Rose Kingma? I love her when I'm heart-achy.

    Enjoy London. What an excellent city in which to recover... xo

    ReplyDelete