Sunday, October 21, 2018

my brush with rangwali


so i did it.  i became obsessed with the idea of painting my little pennsylvania living room with pink paint.  when i got a flyer in the mail with farrow and balls new colors and saw rangwali pink, i was a goner.  a fool for love.  i had actually been toying with adding color to my mostly neutral house for some time.  i realized i was always adding pink accessories or flowers.  the lightbulb went off in my head, and i filled the car with paint, and off i went to paint!  i was a little bit apprehensive about how dark the room would feel.  the ceilings are low.  the floor is dark, and the only window in the room is shrouded with tree branches.  i adore the pigments and the matt texture, and i painted with a brush to get the depth and texture i adore.  no spray guns or rollers in my house.  so after forcing myself to actually cover the worlds most pretty primer, i think i like it.

















what do you think?


11 comments:

  1. Glorious!! Your curtains and mantlepiece sing against the colour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like it, and I'm glad you used painter's tape, and is that last photo natural light...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! You are inspiring me to add some color to the white walls of my old Colonial. Your pink walls are so cozy- and those curtains are gorgeous. Love it all! Do you paint all by yourself? It is such an overwhelming thought to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i do actually paint all by myself. i come from a family of real artists, but i really just enjoy the process and making the surface exactly the way i like!

      the curtains are shortened and from a house i lived in previously! xx

      Delete