Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Catching Up


So last Monday I awakened to a beautiful Autumn morning, the kind I just live for.  The kind of morning that awakens something primal in me.  I just simply feel more alive when the days become colder and shorter.  I always feel a sense of excitement and energy, and I feel beautiful in the fall...I don't know why.  

But last Monday was different.  I really felt lousy and bedraggled and in need of a tune up.  My usual Fall energy just wasn't there. 

Life has been lovely, and happy, and busy.  Full of good food and wine and all kind of indulgences, but I realized it was time to get healthy again.  I realized I wasn't balancing my lifestyle, so last Monday was the starting point for me.   


Day One 


  Yes, I documented it with a picture.  Scary because this was the morning after a week of suffering from severe allergies.  The kind that made my eyes swell so severely I could barely open them.  I came home from the eye doctor with drops and medicated ointments and antihistamines.  This was the morning I tried on my favorite brand new Anna Sui Moonlight Garden green chiffon dress in the cold clear light of day, and realized it should be a little bit looser...with my messed up morning hair, in desperate need of some TLC, and my puffy pale no makeup face...

I really felt rock bottom.  And toxic.  And flabby.

It was time to work out again, and buy some vitamins, and stretch, and sweat and lift weights and drink lemon juice and all kinds of healthy stuff.  

So I did.  I joined a gym, and I think I drank more water last week than ever in my life...

Mondays timid little yoga stretch, and 30 minutes of Cardio were followed by Tuesdays 40 bolder minutes, and Wednesdays 60...  It is amazing how quickly it all came back...

Some dry brushing with a natural bristle brush, and one very indulgent massage were included in the week.

Tried a great new Kerastase hair conditioner.  Green.  Getting a trim on Thursday.

Now this doesn't mean that I won't be baking and cooking anymore!  Not at all.  I just got a grip, thats all.




I filled the house with festive fall flowers.. I think the pretty thistley things are called sea holly?


Grocery store blooms always work just fine. I love seeing a little color outside the window.  


After my time at the gym, I have been enjoying my leisurely and euphoric walks home through the beautiful romantic streets of Brooklyn.  Missing Miss Alice terribly.  Wishing she had the time for a walk with mom.


I am pleased to say one week later I feel absolutely fantastic, and the spring is back in my step, an inch is gone from my waistline, at least, and the Moonlight Garden dress fits like a charm.  Going to keep going though, and get as fit as I can, and document my progress here from time to time.

Happy November







2 comments:

  1. Happy November, Cynthia! You look lovely as always, but I hear you on the need for exercise. I'm back to it after a pause. It's the energy I notice more than anything. I love Christmas and want lots of energy for the season. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is amazing that I basically just forgot how terrific it feels to work up a sweat and lift a weight or two. I was tired and looking in the closet hoping all my dresses would fit. Sticking with this is the real challenge. Love the Christmas season as well, and I truly can not wait to do some cookie baking! lol xx

      Delete