Sunday, August 20, 2017

vampire dresses


so in an earlier post, i wrote about not feeling great wearing summery, skimpy dresses. give me  covered, proper, layered anything and i am happy.  boots are an addiction...give me black leather jackets, and tights, and heavy tweed coats and i'm in my element.  summer and heat aways present a style challenge for me.  not a big fan of flat humidity styled hair, nor shiny messy make up.  of course i want to look and feel nice, but you will never find me in a pair of shorts, or tan for that matter, it just doesn't work for me, and my very pale complexion needs just the right balance when exposed.  summer clothes often lack the drama needed for my happiness.  

i can't remember how I first discovered this collection of gorgeous dresses and skirts called the vampires wife, but i now have a new dress obsession.  perhaps english designer susie bick popped up somewhere in a photo, wearing one of her gorgeous creations, maybe on the arm of her husband, nick cave.  who knows.  all I know is after grappling with the whole english sizing thing, long distance I might add, because at this point everything is sent over from england, i got my first street sweeper length cotton liberty print prairie type dress, and now it is all i want to wear.  



all the dresses arrive in the most exquisite boxes, with beautiful postcards tucked inside.  i adore the fact that sizes are not sewn into the labels on the dress.    


in love with the pink lame mini cate...




i wear my cotton street sweeper with my old brown frye boots, or even kitten heels for day.  This dress is somehow feather light and cool enough for warm weather, yet covered and proper and sexy all at the same time.


both styles feel almost custom made for my figure, and both have this pretty tie in the back.


don't know why i am posting a picture with no makeup and glasses, other than i couldn't believe how flattering this dress looked even thrown on instantly after unwrapping the package, so there you go...


...and at night this fabric is so shimmery and magical.  i actually wore this ruffled, flowered mini as a top with black trousers, and can not wait for the first brisk cool early autumn day when I can put on a pair of black opaque or lace tights to cover up my mosquito bitten summer legs.  bring on the fall, and even more of these dresses...








1 comment:

  1. Wow, What a Excellent post. I really found this to much informatics. It is what i was searching for.I would like to suggest you that please keep sharing such type of info.Thanks dresses you can wear with cowboy boots

    ReplyDelete