Tuesday, January 24, 2017

TLC



So it's the little things that are making me happy these days.  Somehow it feels like a million years since my pathetic New Years Eve, and even from our wacko trip to London, and thats a good thing and a bad thing.  I realized I am forgetting "him", and that is the goal, right?  But then I realized how much I don't want to forget him, or his face, and just the thought of his voice....but I am, and it is sad in its own way.

Bummed around a grey, dreary Williamsburg with my cool musician friend Sunday morning.  He and I both showed up in matching black hats, drank way too much coffee, talked music of course, and band life, and wandered around just chit-chatting and reminiscing, and stopping in stores, and thumbing through albums...  I wore my absolute favorite new Stella McCartney high waisted, bell bottom jeans, platform booties, gold embroidered paisley print Etro blouse, and wrapped my wrists in leather strips in lieu of more my more fancy bracelets and felt young and carefree and happy.



Tried to replicate the amazing cashews my dear friend Kathryn @classicsix gave us over the holidays.  The originals were long gone, and thoroughly enjoyed, but when I asked Kathryn for her recipe she said they were an Ina Garten recipe, and that you toss the cashews in butter and Cayenne pepper, brown sugar, and rosemary....


Discovered Element on Henry Street right before our trip to England, and I really feel the 90 minute massage was a turning point for me.  I've been back again, and would love to try some of their other services.


Yesterdays Pilates session was fantastic....discovered Streamline on State Street....



Enjoyed my rainy rainy night last night with my true loves.  Alice and Chase hung out with me, and we watched movies, scrambled some eggs for dinner, and tucked the curtains up and away from the leaky spots.   


No comments:

Post a Comment